Giving to the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta
The Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta is committed to promoting excellence in cardiovascular wellness, clinical care, research, and education. The Libin Institute's goals will be realized through the dedication and accomplishments of physicians, scientists, nurses, technicians, support staff, and administrators in collaboration with partners, patients, and members of the communities it serves. Every area of the Libin Institute is influenced by donations. These financial contributions, both large and small, will be directed toward the program or priority that the donor chooses to support. Choices include, but are not limited to, the purchase of highly technical equipment, implementation of innovative programs, training of young heart specialists and scientists, and Endowed Chairs to support the research of senior scientists and their laboratories. If a donor has an area of interest, the members of the Libin Institute and its charitable organization partners will work with you to ensure that your gift supports an area of cardiovascular health that is meaningful to you. Your donation will help today's programs and contribute to the promise they hold for the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I donate?
- As a donor to the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta, your gift helps improve the quality of cardiovascular wellness, clinical care, research, and education in Southern Alberta and beyond. Whatever the size of your gift, every dollar raised takes the Libin Institute closer to "Taking Excellence to Heart".
- What is the impact of my gift?
- You, as the donor, are able to direct your donation to a specific project or area that has meaning to you or your family. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Research Funds: Funds directed to furthering research initiatives that generate new knowledge related to cardiovascular health, wellness, cardiovascular disease and innovative approaches to clinical care. Investigation into the mechanisms of disease, drug therapies, and new technologies will improve our ability to diagnose and treat a wide range of cardiovascular diseases. Research methodologies range from basic bench research to clinical and translational research.
- Endowed Chairs: Funds directed to endowed chairs help recruit and retain the best and brightest cardiovascular professionals. These funds provide ongoing annual support to research, education, or innovation. They are a wonderful way of creating a permanent legacy or to honour a loved one in a meaningful way.
- Capital Investments: Funds directed to capital investments can range from "bricks and mortar" to equipment. Here are a few examples: laboratories, lecture halls, conference facilities, laboratory equipment, robotics, surgical suite equipment, microscopes, videoconferencing capabilities, and clinical diagnostic or treatment equipment.
- Programs: Gifts directed to specific programs and innovations such as The Health Promotion/Disease Prevention Program, the Cardiovascular Genetics Program, the Surgical Approaches to Heart Failure Program, the Vascular Biology Program, the Cardiac Electrophysiology Research and Education Program, the Medical Approaches to Heart Failure Program, the Clinical Trials Coordination Center Program, and the Human Cardiovascular Physiology Program will be used to fund people, research, education, and capital resources specific to each program defined as an Institute priority.
- Where do I send my gift?
- Your gift may be made payable to the "University of Calgary". All receipts are issued from the University of Calgary (Registered Charitable B.N. 10810 2864 RR0001). Donors are encouraged to designate "Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta" in the memo line of the cheque. If you wish your donation to go to a specific area, it is suggested you write a letter stating which of the cardiovascular areas or priorities you choose to support.
- Mail your cheque to:
- University of Calgary
- Faculty of Medicine, Fund Development
- Health Sciences Centre
- 3330 Hospital Drive NW
- Calgary, AB T2N 4N1
- You may also choose to donate on-line by credit card using our secure online donation form.
- Is my gift tax receiptable?
- Yes, all gifts to the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta are tax receiptable, and will be issued from the University of Calgary. Be sure to include your return address to ensure the receipt is made out accurately and returned to you in a timely fashion.
- What opportunities are there for recognition?
- The Libin Institute is pleased to acknowledge the support of its donors. All donations are recognized in our Newsletters and on the Website, providing the donor wishes it to be so. Other recognition opportunities vary with the type and size of the donation. For example, sponsorship of special events offers opportunities for recognition on program materials. A comprehensive recognition program is in place to acknowledge donors to endowments, Chairs and for facility construction (eg. lecture halls, meeting rooms, laboratories).
- Requests for anonymity will be respected.
- More Information
- For more information about the Libin Institute priorities, please contact Al-Karim Walli, Associate Director at email@example.com, (403) 210-7103.