The Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta (Institute) Leadership Councils are groups which are multidisciplinary and convened for the purpose of advising the Integrative Executive Committee in regard to the priorities of the Leadership Council of its primary Cardiovascular focus (one of): Basic Science, Clinical Research, Education or Health Promotion Disease Prevention. The role of the Leadership Councils could include:
- Coordinate all resources specific to the interests of cardiovascular (chose one or more of the following: patient care, teaching, basic research, clinical research or health promotion/disease prevention). This includes effecting change and improvement, advocating for services, identifying needs, setting standards, policies, and priorities specific to the Council.
- Use staffing models that incorporate the integration of other service providers into the cardiovascular team.
- Develop ties to related disciplines, agencies, and institutes in order to incorporate the full range of organ systems and diseases that interrelate with cardiovascular health and disease.
- Advocate for the principles of quality improvement and integrate service into quality improvement and safety safety.
- Promote fund-raising initiatives.
The Council is expected to Communicate activities to its members, to the Institute Integrative Executive Committee, to the Calgary Health Region, to the University of Calgary and for dissemination of public information to stakeholders and constituents, as appropriate.
If you are interested in obtaining more info about the council or are a member of the Libin Institute and are interested in joining a council please contact email@example.com