Become a Member
The Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta has been established and will be operated with the expectation of exceptional quality in each of cardiovascular health care, cardiovascular research, and cardiovascular education. The Institute is based upon a mutual understanding between the Alvin and Mona Libin Foundation, the University of Calgary and the Calgary Health Region.
- Full Member:
- A Full Member will have all the privileges and all the accountabilities afforded to members of the Libin Institute. A Full Member will cast a ballot in votes regarding the Institute's choices and will carry the expectation of active support of the Institute's activities. An individual may be a Full Member of only one Institute.
- Associate Member:
- An Associate Member will have reserved privileges and accountabilities in the Libin Institute. An Associate Member usually has a primary membership (or interest) in another institute and a secondary interest in cardiovascular science. An Associate Member will voice his or her opinion regarding Institute choices and will carry the expectation of interest in the Institute's activities. An individual may be an Associate Member of multiple institutes.
Process for Institute Appointment
Individuals meeting the criteria for membership in the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta wishing to be so recognized, will indicate their desire for membership in either the Full Membership or Associate Membership categories in the form of a letter of application to be accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae and the names of two individuals who could be approached for reference. Please submit to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed by the Libin Institute Management Council. A simple majority vote of the Management Council would recommend membership status which would then be ratified by the Institute Director.
Appointments as a member of the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta will be for a three year term that is renewed by re-iteration of the application process.
Criteria for Membership
Members of the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta will generally be:
- appointees at the University of Calgary or the University of Lethbridge in one or more of the following faculties: Medicine, Nursing, Kinesiology, Biology, Engineering, Science or Social Science.
- medical staff in southern Alberta with clinical activities in Cardiology, Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Cardiac Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Cardiac Anesthesia or Family Medicine.
- an employee of a Health Region or University in southern Alberta whose primary work responsibility is directed towards improving cardiovascular health, the generation of new knowledge in cardiovascular science or in cardiovascular education.
- an individual requesting membership in the Libin Institute would be expected to have a demonstrable clinical care, research, or education relationship to cardiovascular health care and/or cardiovascular science.
Institute Expectations Related to Membership
Members will be expected to:
- enhance the quality of cardiovascular health and clinical care, cardiovascular research, and cardiovascular education.
- participate in the activities and meetings of the Institute.
- voice opinion regarding Institute choices (all members) and vote on Institute choices (Full Members).
- advocate for the Institute's programs and program needs.
- contribute to realizing the Institute's potential to achieve the highest international standards.
- support and enhance the synergy of the Institute's activities with related programs locally, nationally and internationally.
- adhere to the operating principles and to the values of the Institute.
To apply for membership contact firstname.lastname@example.org